Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nawlins










Crashed at India House, a hostel in New Orleans, on the trek back from Miami. Can't wait to stop there again in August on the way back to school, and when I go to Mardi Gras in 2012, I will definitely plan waaayyy in advance so I can snag a bed at this bohemian party pad.

Notice the high water mark on the fireplace from Hurricane Katrina

 Waiting for the trolley on Canal St. 
There's a stop literally within 200 ft. of India House. All it takes is $1.25 and a little patience, and the Canal St. trolley will take you within walking distance of any place you'd want to go in the French Quarter.

There's all kinds of murals scattered over the walls.





I crawled into bed in the dark so as to minimize disruption to my fellow anonymous roommates. This is the first thing I saw when I woke up in the morning.




After we got back from dinner and meandering in the French Quarter, we chilled out back while checking e-mails and returning phone calls. Linger there for more than a few minutes and before ya know it, you could be chatting with a second string British soccer player or listening to a Ph.D student explain how a relative accidentally decapitated himself with a chainsaw.
Headin' back to Dallas