Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Art Basel Miami Beach


Love this photo by Ryan McGinley. Reminds me of the time I jumped off a cliff at Rick's Cafe in Jamaica. Don't raise your eyebrows at me, I had a swimsuit on.
Photomontage 8, Mickalene Thomas
Who doesn't have a bunch of random frames lying around? We all do. I'm def going to make an arrangement like this on a wall in my room.

Lee Bul

Jacob Hashimoto
My dress is Patrick Robinson (for Target. Shhh)

The Queen of Hearts, Anne Leibovitz
I Waited For You Even in the Darkest of Days, Sara Rahbar

Neon Shadows, Gordon Cheung

Of course these don't cover even a fraction of all the awesomeness I witnessed at Art Basel. I didn't even get pictures of my favorite works, thinking I could find better quality shots online. I was wrong. Other artists whose work I fell in love with include Philip Taaffe, Frank Stella, Steven Charles, Juan Genoves, Roxy Paine, and Fred Tomaselli. I saw Val Kilmer hangin' out by Fred Tomaselli's work, Big Eye. He was workin' a bizarre chubby Crocodile Dundee look- long hair, a safari vest, and an Indiana Jones hat. I was trying to subtly stare at him to confirm his identity. We made eye contact. Awkward.